Search the forum,

Discuss New guy from Plumbing forum needs info in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

armyash

Hi and:welcome: to TF:thumbsup: as above with the coarses, but it has been said before, if you could spend some time with a pro tiler, you would benefit no end.

And your plumbing skills could help the tiler, maybe team up, and do a full bathroom service. Good luck, whatever you decide:thumbsup:

Many thanks. Yeah hopefully i can get some experience with a pro. Good idea teaming up and doing full bathrooms it has crossed my mind. :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
My opinion ..... Look to plumbing ..... The construction market should start to see recovery towards the end of next year and at that point there will be a clear shortage of skills in the industry as there have been so many dorp out over the last couple of years. That means that work will be available. Also as we approach 2013 the regs on household emissions will change and the need for underfloor heating and heat recovery systems will become more prevalent than they are currently and if you think the underfloor heating market currently runs to about 8million square meters plus in the uk. This will increase. Additionally, and no offence to the tiling fraternity, but anyone can go on a three day course to become a tiler and they can call themselves professional which means there are lots of "cowboys" and they are cheap so prices on tiling will continue to fall for the general tiling guys. Plumbers can also look to go corgi and oftec to do gas and oil.

The bespoke housing market is still bouyant so there is work to be had. I don't know any reliable plumbers who are not busy. I know lots of plumbers. If you get into underfloor heating that will open the door to screeding which is quite lucrative and that can lead you to either install or sub contract floor coverings into your package. Most main contractors are keen to put as much of the floor build up into one package so that is concrete subfloor, insulation, screed,underfloor heating and tiling.

Whatever you decide though I wish you the best of luck.

Reply to New guy from Plumbing forum needs info in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.