Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

JCSplumbing

that's true ive seen worse

but if you read

so m8 have u allways worked on your own.
have u never thought of teaming up with a local tiler.
I teamed up 18 mths ago with a plumber, we have done over 30 bathrooms in the past 18 mths and have 7 booked in over the next 9weeks and were both making more than when we worked separately bri still puts his boilers in when im on my tiling days and im doing other things when hes doing his 1st fix . Mondays and Fridays we work together as mondays we rip out and Fridays is finishing and polishing
Hi. Not always no. I used to work alongside a tiler for 5 years but he has since retired.

J

JCSplumbing

I'm not gonna get involved with the tiling comments. Agree with some disagree with others. However, as a plumber who tiles I will frown upon the isos on the shower pipe work. You've left a big hole around the pipes which you'll have to pump full of silicone before fitting the exposed valve. Personally, you have no excuse for not isolating the water supplies and making these a neater 18mm hole.

Other than that, it's far from the worst I've seen. Snag it with the client, get it done and get paid.
I agree with the shower pipe holes. However I couldn't find my 22mm diamond hole saw. I had to use 32mm.

J

JCSplumbing

that sounds like bri my plumber loves his machine bend pipework hates plumbers who work in plastic and tiling did his head in plus if w ehave aproblem we can throw ideas back and forth till we come up with the answer
I also hate plastic. However its all that's used on new build sites. If I have to use it I will only use JG Speedfit with JG inserts and it's all pressure tested to 8 bar for an hour. If all that is followed then it's as good as gold. That being said, copper is always my first choice as that's how I was taught.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Yeah I see where your coming from Ray!.....I just get a few beer tokens every week after the wife's spending!!!......

Reply to New Ensuite in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks