Search the forum,

Discuss Need help tiling back yard patio in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have just been round to someone who wants their back yard tiled with 600x600 porcelain 20mm tiles. The floor is concrete but not level. There is also a drain cover and also a small drwin in the corner coming down from the gutter. Should I use exterior self levelling g compound to level the floor then tile onto flexible adhesive. Also I'm worried about drainage if I use self levelling compound the surface will be flat. The customer says that when it rains it leaves a puddle in the centre of the yard. The area is around 5mx5m. The customer doesn't want pavers and also I do t think they could fit under the door lip laying on sand bed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0611.JPG IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0613.JPG

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I see your problems, shame about the unfortunate manhole position. Concrete looks like it has been painted in the past. (So requires a bit of prep)You will need a reasonable amount of fall to adequately remove any surface water from the area. You could build an upstanding around the gully top, to contain any rain water overflow.

Reaction score
There are pedestal systems available for 20mm porcelain, which can be regulated to give a slope. As far as I'm aware (but I'm not a fitter) there should be little or no further prep required.

Reaction score
There are other systems available which are a dry fix - therefore making the manhole much more accessible. I thought that the whole point of 20mm porcelain was pedestal installation.

Reply to Need help tiling back yard patio in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen