Search the forum,

Discuss Need help please in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

with a sand cement screed and I assume (until told otherwise) an anhydrite screed, as the screed sets/cures it shrinks a bit and this sets up stresses in the screed as it tries to pull itself into a less stressed position (it can slide a bit over the insulation layers etc underneath it. When the floor is heated up for the first time(the commissioning) then it will possibly 'slide' a bit more to find its less stressed position when heated; and often if it is a (non rectangular)shaped floor cracks in the screed may occur as points of high stress are released. Now if the floor is already tiled when this first distressing occurs then the tile layer will have to cope (if it can) with the movement.

Reply to Need help please in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen