Search the forum,

Discuss need advice please, tiling balcony in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilerjason

hi guys and girls, i have tiled a balcony but the customers not happy with the end result, he's been told by a roofing company that plastic fillets can be tiled, now i must say the fillets are plastic, hollow and are very flexible

the customer want me to tile the fillets and wall but I've told them there is no way of tiling something flexible or plastic regardless of who's told them , so only the balcony can be tiled not the fillets or wall, any advice would be great and if there are any reps out there who can back me up , id really really appreciated an email so i can forward this on to the customer

I've posted a pic below to show what i mean

Attachments

• FILLET_FLOOR_WALL.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 108
O

One Day

Hi Jason, after viewing endless balconies in and around Lytham, St Annes and Blackpool I decided I wasn't confident tiling any of them (they had all failed before I got asked to look at them).
I went on the Schluter balcony course and it was a real eye-opener.
There is only one way to tile balconies now as far as I'm concerned and that's the right way.
Anything less is a major risk. I'm not saying Schluter's products and systems HAVE to be used - but the principals involved in their designs are essential imo.
Seriously - get yourself on the course and start mopping up all the balcony work in your area.

R

Rossymcg

Never done a balcony before but I'd over ride the coving with some 3/4 ply and cement board, obviously leaving the coving in and fitting your own fillet but making it a triangle if you were to look at a side section drawing of it instead of curved,

W

White Room

Can't you do the curve with an Ardex AM100, very course addy but good for fillets...

P

prceramics

don't let other trades or customers tell you how to do your job because they will not take the blame if something goes wrong, do it your way or walk

T

Time's Ran Out

If its tanked correctly it won't need a fillet.
But if you've already tiled it then it may be a case of chasing the horse!

M

Mr Tiler

Id have a word with the roofer mate let him know hes a roofer not a tiler... How can u be expected to put a solid flat tile onto a curved surface, surely you discussed the area to be tiled with the customer beforehand?

Reply to need advice please, tiling balcony in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen