Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss My wetroom journey in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

V

vala

I'll go with the marine ply then. Hopefully find some in stock for a Saturday morning pick up.

The house has no heating aside from a gas fire which heats the ground floor well.
I have (or did have) an immersion tank in the loft which provided hot water to the basin and kitchen sink. I had an electric shower.
Once this phase is complete, I'll finally have a form of heating on the first floor with the underfloor heating. The basin and kitchen sink will each have their own Zip ES3 for hot water. And the shower will still be electric. I have purchased an Aqualisa Sassi which IMO is aesthetically pleasing.

I'm determined to get a much more productive result from this weekend coming.

V

vala

Well it's been a couple of weeks since my last update on here and finally I've been starting to install items rather then removing them.
I've got the Orbry shower tray now in position with the waste pipe work all fitted.
Done the ply flooring for the wetroom, landing and second room and have now also put up some walls which enclose the wetroom.
Still got to fit more uprights and noggins to the walls but this will be sorted this coming weekend as I need to bring the concealed cistern down to the house to make the uprights for this.
Here's some pics
image.jpg
image.jpg

P

p4ulo

Oh yes mate! That's looking nice and tidy, good work. Great idea to see some pressure treated timber being used too to increase the water-combative qualities! good work. Sort us out with a picture of the shower-tray, looks like its got a nice big drain on it?!

V

vala

Thanks.
Tbh I actually opted for this timber as it was nearer to 100mm (it's 95mm) which is slightly more then I need for the concealed cistern and also to recess the electric shower.
Normal 4x2 CLS comes out about 85mm I think.
Here's a couple of pics showing the shower tray,

image.jpg
image.jpg

Because it's liner rather then the standard option the flow rate is reduced but it should still be adequate. Tested all my waste and water pipes before screwing down the ply and it's all leak free and drains nicely.

V

vala

lizzardtong - thanks for the advice. I'll have to bear that in mind for any future waste pipe installs as that bit of pip work is all in under boards and walls now. However it's just the basin that waste is for and fingers crossed nothing that can cause a blockage will go down it.
I'm building my basin out of solid surface material with a slot opening which will only be 10-15mm so in theory nothing big enough will get through.
The shower is a straight run.

Well I've been on holiday for the month of October so back to work on the house only last week and commencing from this week.
Last stage I got to before going abroad was to install the cistern
image.jpeg

The water feed pipe I'll probably finish off within the next few weeks.
Main thing I'm now concentrating on is to complete 2 more walls which will enclose the wetroom. Hoping to have this done this weekend.
It's a long road ahead...

L

lizzardtong

Add strainer/filter on the supply to the cistern. That will stop any debris going from mains. Will prolong life on washers in cistern. Same on cold and hot water. That what i usually do. It doesn't cost much but its worth having.

Reply to My wetroom journey in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks