Discuss My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Christmas in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alberta Stone

I know you old pros probably have these already but this is the best 7 pounds ( ebay ) I have spent on tiling .
Bit sad I know but it makes for a very neat finish, here're some pics..
I have been thinking of getting a set of those.
How about a close up shot, like down the length of a bead as it is difficult to see any detail...just looks like a groutline from that distance. ;)

M

mikethetile

use them at an angle or they joggle in and out with the groutline,,,,,,,,, whoops !!!!

I only mention this as the first time I used then I had them at 90% to the worktop , you try cleaning newly applied silicone off and starting again , or am I the only numpty LOL

S

Stewart

Never had you down as a numpty, but if you insist........ I did exactly the same when I first tried them. They are good, but you do need to practice.

M

mikethetile

Never had you down as a numpty, but if you insist........ I did exactly the same when I first tried them. They are good, but you do need to practice.

glad im not the only one LOL and yes they are worth the money

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I use fingers too , but be warned , silicone is pretty toxic when fresh out of the tube , so don't lick ur fingers. 50/50 washing up liquid/water is my fave mix for smoothing with finger.

Cheers

Diggy

S

stevee

been using these awesome fugi tools for 18 months now, you cant get a better finish,i kid u not

B

borgie

best tool u can buy, fantastic finish on internal and external corners a finish that u will never get using your finger (45 degree andgle)

G

Gazrus

I think i'll be getting some of these. I have used a squirty bottle (technical term) & fingers for years now but time to upgrade. Cheers for sharing

N

notaskanger

I use the Stick from a Magnum Ice cream and "squirty bottle", leaves a perfect finish, only problem is that they ware down pretty quick. Handy when you have three kids that like Ice cream.

B

Bolter

Ive seen guys using their finger with nothing more than spit on it. A colleague of mine says that bacteria from your mouth then gets in the silicone, which in turn can cause, or at least not help with mould problems, and silicone turning black.

So I bought the same looking tools as these off of the trade tiler site. Really good.

S

stevee

u need to use this tool to see what your missing, no finger, no mess, cracking results
it dosent take long to know which angle to hold at,but once mastered you too will laugh at the finger brigade,MMWWWHHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!![please image an evil look of satisfaction on my face] thank you

yes ive had 6 pints of wife beater................to be continued MWWHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAFFA

Last edited by a moderator:
S

stephenoneill

Re: My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Chris

Brilliant tool will never use my finger again also it works better if you spray water mix with little washing up liquid onto the bead of silicone and onto the tool before using

P

Protiler999

Re: My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Chris

Looks great, I was hoping for such a thing as I was struggling with silicone the other day, I don't think I can wait till Christmas..

Reply to My New Silicone Tool - if you haven't got one you should for Christmas in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks