Discuss More Knee Pads in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Ash-wolves

I'm quite lazy and tend to crawl across rooms instead of standing up and setting back down, after trying many different styles, of which nearly all ride to the side off your knees of slide down when moving these are by far the best for my technique, ( I also liked the redbacks, but they make your trousers too heavy or you have to pop them in & out constantly)

image.jpg

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just bought some Toughbuilt Gel Thigh Support Knee Pads
Very impressed. Quite expensive but working well, and I've been looking for a decent kneepad for 40 years

Reaction score
Trawling up an old thread i know but am due a new pair of knee pads and wondered if there were any new ones kicking aboutnthat someone wants to brag about?

Ive had Alpro for 5 years now and with the exception of the stretched elastic after a while and the caking of sticky on te front, theyre great!

Like the look of those Fento 200 Pro

Last edited:

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Like all of us, I've been there and tried knee pad after knee pad, and still feel no one has cracked it just yet, redbacks are unbelievable for comfort as inserts but you better have a good belt as when walking around you may as well just fill your pockets with lead, the rough built tight supports are comfortable easy to take on and off, and straps don't dig in but do tend to roll a bit plus not a fan of the hard shell ones, have never got on any pads that just strap around the knee, usually dig in and tend to end up around your ankles every time you take more then three steps. Now I find the best compromise of all is, a pair of site hound trouser from screwfix, with the site knee pads, I tend not to roll off them and they sit in the right place for my knees, can still drive with pads in and they do last about a month before pads get to compressed at £6 each worth it. Sometimes if I've had a hard game of squash thw night before and am achy, laying a floor I will grab the tough built out of the lock up. That's all just my humble obviously

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
After about 6-7 years I've finally killed my first pair of Alpros and will be ordering a new pair tonight. Have tried a kneeling mat for a couple of weeks but can't get on with it

Reaction score
After about 6-7 years I've finally killed my first pair of Alpros and will be ordering a new pair tonight. Have tried a kneeling mat for a couple of weeks but can't get on with it

Ive ready to do the same Pete but just curious with other brands.

Those Fento are top of my short list atm. If theres nobody with first hand experience of those i'll probs just orde Alpros again as well.

O

Old Mod

Ive ready to do the same Pete but just curious with other brands.

Those Fento are top of my short list atm. If theres nobody with first hand experience of those i'll probs just orde Alpros again as well.
I'm using these at the moment.
Very very comfortable to kneel on!
The surface seems to pick up everything tho and I have to keep washing them down.
The straps are very wide and comfortable.
Would I buy them again?
Probably, but a bit early to tell tbh.
Have to see how they fair in a few months time.

Reaction score
I'm using these at the moment.
Very very comfortable to kneel on!
The surface seems to pick up everything tho and I have to keep washing them down.
The straps are very wide and comfortable.
Would I buy them again?
Probably, but a bit early to tell tbh.
Have to see how they fair in a few months time.

Cheers mate.

Have you ever had Alpros to compare them to? The Alpros are ridiculously comfortable but suffer the same problem with the front surface...

Reaction score
I had a set of alpros which were good then I got a set of platinum pads which were also good and am still on my second set of these. Got a set of fento 200 pro which I'm in the process of trying at the moment. The fento's are comfortable on the strap but a little hard on the inside so I'm getting some foam inserts made for them- expensive game this tiling!
Mike

Reaction score
18 months since I posted on this thread. And everything I said then still applies. The redbacks have worked best for me, and continue to do so. Worktrousers are a different issue. Last three pairs of Dickies Eisenhowers split in the crotch. Now planning to try "the floor layers trousers":

Snickers 3223 New Floor Layers Workwear Trousers, Snickers FloorLayers, Snickers Trousers - http://www.snickersdirect.co.uk/snickers-trousers-snickers-floor-layers-trousers/Snickers-Trousers-3223-Floor-Layers-Workwear-Trousers-Snickers-Floor-Layers

Nearly £75 a pair. Anyone know if they are good as reputed?

O

Old Mod

Great web site!!!
But £75! Haha that's outrageous, they'd have to last at least 3 years to get your money back.

L

LM

18 months since I posted on this thread. And everything I said then still applies. The redbacks have worked best for me, and continue to do so. Worktrousers are a different issue. Last three pairs of Dickies Eisenhowers split in the crotch. Now planning to try "the floor layers trousers":

Snickers 3223 New Floor Layers Workwear Trousers, Snickers FloorLayers, Snickers Trousers - http://www.snickersdirect.co.uk/snickers-trousers-snickers-floor-layers-trousers/Snickers-Trousers-3223-Floor-Layers-Workwear-Trousers-Snickers-Floor-Layers

Nearly £75 a pair. Anyone know if they are good as reputed?
I've had two pairs of them and with the Kevlar material on the knees they do last 3+ years easy. I suppose a lot of that will depend on wether or not you walk a lot on your knees. They are a nightmare in the summer though, being so heavy and made of such tough material they will cook you if you know what I'm getting at :eek:, but probably the best all round if you insist on wearing inserts. I'm on the new Ruff stuff trousers from snickers at the minute, they have vents just where you need them ;), but I wear Fento's or Barwalts depending on what I'm doing and they are very comfy for them.

Reply to More Knee Pads in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks