Discuss More Knee Pads in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I just played safe today and ordered another pair of Alpros. Just thought 90 odd quid was too much of a risk to take on the Fento 200 Pros.... #cheapskate

O

Old Mod

I just played safe today and ordered another pair of Alpros. Just thought 90 odd quid was too much of a risk to take on the Fento 200 Pros.... #cheapskate
I've spent fortunes over the years, but £90 is even too rich for me! Haha
certainly don't blame you for sticking with what you know!

Reaction score
I prefer tiling floors to walls, so spend a lot of time on my knees. I believe a replacement knee costs about £5000 (obviously free on the NHS but only lasts 15 years) - £90 on kneepads looks like a bargain - and that's before you consider lost earnings, and you probably wont be able to tile again after a knee replacement. Actually it matters more that you wear something that protects your knees every time you kneel on a hard surface, so even £5 inserts are better than none. Which takes me back to - find what works for you and use that. A few quid and some fun experimenting, but the right pad for you is out there.

O

Old Mod

I prefer tiling floors to walls, so spend a lot of time on my knees. I believe a replacement knee costs about £5000 (obviously free on the NHS but only lasts 15 years) - £90 on kneepads looks like a bargain - and that's before you consider lost earnings, and you probably wont be able to tile again after a knee replacement. Actually it matters more that you wear something that protects your knees every time you kneel on a hard surface, so even £5 inserts are better than none. Which takes me back to - find what works for you and use that. A few quid and some fun experimenting, but the right pad for you is out there.
I've worn them everyday for over 30yrs Andy, if they're not at work, then neither am I!
You're absolutely correct in your post, I'd just be reluctant to spend £90 for something that might not work for me.
If I could trial them, then I wouldn't have a problem.
I have dozens of worn and failed knee pads in my kit,
It's a minefield for sure.
I must admit I'd like to try the American ones that the names escapes me at the moment, but they are orthopaedic and made to measure.
I think they're pushing around £200.

L

LM

I've worn them everyday for over 30yrs Andy, if they're not at work, then neither am I!
You're absolutely correct in your post, I'd just be reluctant to spend £90 for something that might not work for me.
If I could trial them, then I wouldn't have a problem.
I have dozens of worn and failed knee pads in my kit,
It's a minefield for sure.
I must admit I'd like to try the American ones that the names escapes me at the moment, but they are orthopaedic and made to measure.
I think they're pushing around £200.
Was it Proknee knee pads by any chance Marc?

A

Aston

alpro's for me BUT
I got a pair of fento 200's as part of a job lot of tiling tools on ebay. I sold them to andy carroll and he raves about them...then i used a mates pair of fento's and i have to admit, they were excellent. They fit better than alpros and they are bomb proof...tradetiler sells them now

D

Dumbo

18 months since I posted on this thread. And everything I said then still applies. The redbacks have worked best for me, and continue to do so. Worktrousers are a different issue. Last three pairs of Dickies Eisenhowers split in the crotch. Now planning to try "the floor layers trousers":

Snickers 3223 New Floor Layers Workwear Trousers, Snickers FloorLayers, Snickers Trousers - http://www.snickersdirect.co.uk/snickers-trousers-snickers-floor-layers-trousers/Snickers-Trousers-3223-Floor-Layers-Workwear-Trousers-Snickers-Floor-Layers

Nearly £75 a pair. Anyone know if they are good as reputed?
I brought some couple of times I didn't get on with them as well as normal snickers about 20 cheaper . But I did have early ones and I don't know if they changed the cut at all

O

oldgit

like all of you ive tried loads, i bought a pair of alpros last year and there good but how the hell do you tighten them, i dont have skinny legs but there just not tight enough.
i tighten till the velcro tab only has a bit touching the pad velcro but the still not tight enough.
any tips or idiots guides.

L

LM

like all of you ive tried loads, i bought a pair of alpros last year and there good but how the hell do you tighten them, i dont have skinny legs but there just not tight enough.
i tighten till the velcro tab only has a bit touching the pad velcro but the still not tight enough.
any tips or idiots guides.
Get the straps shortened

Reply to More Knee Pads in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks