Search the forum,

Discuss Mixing epoxy grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dewaltdavey

I have 150 sm of 200x200 floor tiles to grout with an epoxy grout and have been advised to use a mixing paddle with a propeller blade on the end instead of my standard mixing paddle, so that it mixes it to a nice consistancy and so that i dont have to throw my paddle away when fineshed !
Just wondered if anyone knew where i could get one of thoose and your thoughts, hints, tips - someone to do it for me :grin: as i havent had that much experiance with it.
cheers Dave

G

GazTech

I have 150 sm of 200x200 floor tiles to grout with an epoxy grout and have been advised to use a mixing paddle with a propeller blade on the end instead of my standard mixing paddle, so that it mixes it to a nice consistancy and so that i dont have to throw my paddle away when fineshed !
Just wondered if anyone knew where i could get one of thoose and your thoughts, hints, tips - someone to do it for me :grin: as i havent had that much experiance with it.
cheers Dave
Dave, a floor of such size would maybe need a couple of people. I have done many an epoxy job, mainly pools and pool sides. If you have ( and only if you have) a solid bed of adhesive...this would be my preference, Epoxy LV (meaning Low Viscocity) it is great to work with, and you may want to consider hiring an emulsifying machine for a couple of days....Gaz
2738b5f71b78355d7444feeeb97788e7.jpg

D

dewaltdavey

Thanks Gaz :thumbsup:
will definetly look into hiring a machine,
theres two of us doing the job and we are using epoxy lv for the main floor -easy epoxy for cove and around drainage channels - as it is in the kitchen of a resturant, everyone ive spoke to has said its nice to use considering it is an epoxy i think ive just thought my way into thinking it would be a nightmare as the tiles have a course/pinhead type texture to them but i will only know when i get to it
cheers Dave

T

TilingLogistics

Dave, a floor of such size would maybe need a couple of people. I have done many an epoxy job, mainly pools and pool sides. If you have ( and only if you have) a solid bed of adhesive...this would be my preference, Epoxy LV (meaning Low Viscocity) it is great to work with, and you may want to consider hiring an emulsifying machine for a couple of days....Gaz
2738b5f71b78355d7444feeeb97788e7.jpg

Gaz,

What is an emulsifying machine ?

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Branty

I don't know about a machine. The last floor I did with epoxy there was 4 of us. 2 spreading, 1 emulsifying and one washing. 200 sqm's, worked a treat.

G

GazTech

Thanks Gaz :thumbsup:
will definetly look into hiring a machine,
theres two of us doing the job and we are using epoxy lv for the main floor -easy epoxy for cove and around drainage channels - as it is in the kitchen of a resturant, everyone ive spoke to has said its nice to use considering it is an epoxy i think ive just thought my way into thinking it would be a nightmare as the tiles have a course/pinhead type texture to them but i will only know when i get to it
cheers Dave
It will be good to use the bal protective sealer, this will aid the clean up process....:thumbsup:

42d93fbbba30a160a2a20088fc76b471.jpg

T

TilingLogistics

It's a rotary machine which takes emulsifying pads for scrubbing and cleaning Kev :thumbsup:

Cheers mate! I thought for a minute someone had invented a new machine without telling me:grin:

As a matter of interest what colour pad do you recommend for removing the LV Epoxy?

Kev

Reply to Mixing epoxy grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen