Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss mitre for square chrome trim! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

59peejay

Have two 3 way mitres to do into my kitchen window/sill 3 courses high into the returns,i am using 9mm square metal trim,am i right in thinking the way to do it is to cut the two horizontal pieces for the external corner as a normal mitre and the vertical piece with square cut end just buts up?.

D

DHTiling

Mitre the inside window pieces horizontal and vertical and then butt up the right handside horizontal.. much neater and no sharp point... mirror this on the left side.. easy peasy.

- - - Updated - - -

We are talking flat edge trim .. or box section..

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As Dave has said above but I prefer to use the cubes that slot into the chrome trim itself. Much neater finish IMO.

2011-02-10_13-45-34_975.jpg

59peejay

Open box section(if that makes sense)homelux from topps,i presume the tile sits into the trim?.
Great tip to mitre the inside Dave never thought of that !spose thats why i'm only a sparky.

59peejay

No the other type that come back a bit parallel with the bit with the homelux stamp,like a open letter P.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
No the other type that come back a bit parallel with the bit with the homelux stamp,like a open letter P.

Take em back and get better trim from somewhere else.. :D

The trim with the cubes looks really nice, it's a proper solid, good quality trim. A lot of the chrome homelux trims are really light, and very easily scratched.. Hate it!

Reply to mitre for square chrome trim! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks