Search the forum,

Discuss Minimum joint with epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

I thought I’d already started a thread on this subject but can't find it?

OK one of the bathroom jobs I’m on the floor needs to be epoxy grouted (White compac quartz tiles). Now this floor is small at about 1.5m x 1.5m, the tiles are 600mm x 600mm, concrete sub-floor, decoupled.

As this floor needs to look as close to 1 piece as possible I opted for 1mm joints. I know that's under recommendations but this is a tiny floor, decoupled and in addition the tile manufacturer states 1mm minimum joints (even if they are Spanish).

Originally I was going to go for mapei design but seeing as a) you won't see the glitter on such a small joint and b) Mapei advised against using their epoxy design on anything smaller than 2mm I've had to look elsewhere.

Bal said they didn't have any technical specs to say if their epoxy could go down to 1mm but thought it would be ok, Ardex said it would be fine as long as it was worked hard.

I gather most epoxies would be fine as long as I could work enough grout to the bottom of the joint so it wasn’t just sitting on the top and looking pretty.

[FONT=&quot]Ease of cleaning isn't an issue as it's such a small area, I just want a decent clean white expoxy that I can work to the bottom on the tile (12mm) I'm leaning towards Ardex unless you fine gentelmen can offer your expect advice

[/FONT]

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ardex hybrid epoxy was easier to work with than standard epoxy...easier to apply and work imo

dont know if that helps at all

C

Colour Republic

You saying Adrex do 2 epoxies mate?

I'm basically looking for an epoxy that is 'fluid' i.e loose in mixture so it's easier to work down the joints. Clean off doesn't have to be so easy, i just want to make sure I can work the grout to the bottom of the tile in a 1mm joint ;)

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
whatever you use you might want to use a grout gun to make sure you can work it well into the joint. Seen one used the other week quite clean as well especially as you have 600's.

M

MTiler

epoxy grout into 1mm joints? rather you than me lol.
Ive heard the Ardex hybrid is nice to work with, though not tried it myself yet.
Good luck!

missyT

Reply to Minimum joint with epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen