Search the forum,

Discuss Midnight Black Quartz Tiles Sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jasta1966

Hi, I am a newbie and wondered if anybody can help. I have just bought the above tiles from TilesPorcelain and finished tilins/grouting etc but wondered if they need sealing. I have had differing views - some say these must be sealed with a penetrative sealer but others say these tiles only have a 0.02% absorption rate and so do not need tiling. Would also appreciate if you could advise, if they don't need sealing do I need to seal the grout areas?

Many Thanks

J

jasta1966

Sorry, forgot to say the company I bought them from are the ones who said I don't need to seal the tiles but I always worry as the tiles are in a walk in shower and so will be subject to a lot of water.

Reply to Midnight Black Quartz Tiles Sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen