Search the forum,

Discuss Mexican tiles for outdoors patio in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

goz

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a tiler myself looking to tile a patio in my garden. My wife has it in her head that she wants mexican / Moroccan / Spanish tiles very vivid colours! Been looking online everywhere and as expected they are pretty expensive!! Any of you know where I can get some cheap? Or good imitation? Or a new wife?!!!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got some terracotta porcelain tiles last year 300x 200 I think,can't remember, still covered up at bottom of my drive waiting to be laid on my wife's spanishy patio :)

T

Time's Ran Out

Whatever you choose will have to be high fired/porcelain as our freeze/thaw climate means the 'normal' terracotta Mexican type tiles will not last 2 winters!

goz

TF
Reaction score
Haha , after much consideration I have decided to keep the wife, if only for the fact she's a school teacher and I want her pension!!
I have managed to locate some tiles that although not talavera are quite striking and ink jet porcelain, here's the link,

Gallery - The Tile Tardis new tile business in Waterlooville, Ceramic tiles, Wall tiles, Floor tiles,
They are the provenza pattern at the bottom, only 35-40 m2
Will these hold up In our climate?
Was going to lay ditra on the base for belt and braces etc.

Reply to Mexican tiles for outdoors patio in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen