Search the forum,

Discuss Metro tiles going cheap at Homebase. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I've sent a few customer's along to Homebase for metro's as they have been the cheapest.

I don't think I've ever fitted metros from home base but they can't be any worse than some of johnsons.
I last time I fitted johnsons it was an off white & half way down the box I got about a dozen nice "green" metros...
Quality control at it greatest..

D

dave l and l

90 % of the kitchens i do are metros.. tops ones are ok the cheap lookalikes are terrible one of my contractor picks them up for £12 per metre the cream ones look pink when they are grouted. i dislike fitting them now

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Tons of tiles have the best price and variety in style, size, finish and colours. To my knowledge anyway.
The homebase ones are pish. Face chips very very easy and watch out for fractured tiles from careless transport and handling. I did quite a few splashbacks for a company I subbed for that had the install contract for the region. Found it useful to give each tile a "snap tesr" as you pick them up. Especially if using a rapid set adhesive!

Reply to Metro tiles going cheap at Homebase. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen