Search the forum,

Discuss Metal Trims and Hard Water in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StephenR

I've just had a client ask are metal tile trims (such as the polished aluminium ones) affected by hard water? We're in the South East, Folkestone. Can they be cleaned effectively and easily? Do they attract limescale more than the plastic ones? Do they discolour?

I didn't know what to say as I've never been asked the question. Any clues?

thanks,

Stephen

Q

Qwerty

I've not found they attract it more, but it does show more obviously on metal. They can be kept clean by just wiping gently when needed, but not with anything that could mark it. No, they do not discolour.

afright

TF
Reaction score
I've just had a client ask are metal tile trims (such as the polished aluminium ones) affected by hard water? We're in the South East, Folkestone. Can they be cleaned effectively and easily? Do they attract limescale more than the plastic ones? Do they discolour?

thanks,

Stephen
I live not far from you,I too have hard water, what I tell a lot of customers is after having a shower always wipe the tiles,even on glaze tiles this is a problem but its worse with satin finish tiles,really if the trim or tiles are left to dry limescale will build up.Just tell them to wipe it down after each shower to stop this.

O

One Day

To be safe you could use a chrome plated brass trim such as the ones from Butech or Schluter.
But they cost!

S

Stef

thanks,

Stephen

Lived in Folkestone for a few years in my younger days, loved the place.
Used to like going down to the Rotunda for a shot of the video games to keep me out the pubs at the bottom of Tontine street.

Sorry for going off thread..

W

White Room

You can get limescale remover but check it dos'nt effect aluminum etc before application...

S

StephenR

Thanks for the replies. Thought it would be OK but better safe than sorry. I mean, shower enclosures survive OK with the usual care round here. At least now I have some solid advice to offer.

Lived in Folkestone for a few years in my younger days, loved the place.
Used to like going down to the Rotunda for a shot of the video games to keep me out the pubs at the bottom of Tontine street..

Don't think you would recognise the place now. A lot has gone of the "old Folkestone" to make way for the new which is a good thing IMO. Right now, the ferry building is being demolished which for some is a sign of an end of an era and many memories.

cheers,

Stephen

afright

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Thought it would be OK but better safe than sorry. I mean, shower enclosures survive OK with the usual care round here. At least now I have some solid advice to offer

Don't think you would recognise the place now. A lot has gone of the "old Folkestone" to make way for the new which is a good thing IMO. Right now, the ferry building is being demolished which for some is a sign of an end of an era and many memories.

cheers,

Stephen
Did a lot of work for Jimmy Godden on his arcades and the toilets at Renees bar down at the Rotunda work dryed up when he passed away shame he was a good payer.

Reply to Metal Trims and Hard Water in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen