Search the forum,

Discuss Medium - heavy duty wet cutter/saw in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
This Is a slight variation on a recent post stu has put up.

i would like you opinion on a good wet cutter /saw for stone tiles upto 600mm & 15mm thick.
my budget is upto £350 ish, the first job will be 150m2 wall and floors in various stone titiles thanks in

Thanks in advance guys

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah for 150mts of stone I'd be looking at spending more than that to get a good machine and blade that I knew wouldn't let me down. I use the Dewalt 99% of the time and have no complaints. If I was you I'd spend the extra and go down this route

S

Spud

ebay has loads of bargains I picked up this for £128 its a good machine and cuts stone and porcelain well and I use it more than my dewalt at the moment as it is quicker to set up and easier to clean

Attachments

• 1371286091873 (1280x960).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 128
Reaction score
I don't do tiling but I use a Vitrex 900 bridge saw. It's used to cut marble, mostly 10mm thick into 10mm width rods and then these rods are sliced to 4mm thick strips. I run the saw for about 3 - 4 hours at a time stopping about once an hour to empty out the tray, so it gets a fair bit of use.
I've had one motor go on me after 18 months of use but this was most probably me not keeping the vents clean (I cut inside) and it was a second hand machine. I've got another one now and see no need to change it as it does the job I nee it to. Pretty good for a £225 saw.

What is that one Gary?

S

Sean SML Tiling

I got the vitrex versatile 900 pro and its a brilliant machine. Only paid 80 for It off eBay. Somebody on here said that the mitre cuts are poor as the motor shakes the rail too much

Reaction score
I got the vitrex versatile 900 pro and its a brilliant machine. Only paid 80 for It off eBay. Somebody on here said that the mitre cuts are poor as the motor shakes the rail too much

Just
bought one mate, tried it on quarry and porcelain and its All good.
only down fall is it drips

Reply to Medium - heavy duty wet cutter/saw in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen