Search the forum,

Discuss Marketing Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

just wondering what marketing you have had the most success from, before I start wasting money on marketing that wont pay.
Areas I've looked at

Flyers
Local Village/Church Newsletters (I live in a rural area)
Gumtree (as its free)
Sign writing on the van (is it worth it or even thoughts on the magnetic type)

Any more top tips would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
D

I

Ian

I haven't advertised for a little over 2 years now but, when I did, I used a local parish/village magazine. It was around £60 per month and was my only real success from assorted attempts at gaining work. If I needed to advertise again this would be the way I'd go.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

just wondering what marketing you have had the most success from, before I start wasting money on marketing that wont pay.
Areas I've looked at

Flyers
Local Village/Church Newsletters (I live in a rural area)
Gumtree (as its free)
Sign writing on the van (is it worth it or even thoughts on the magnetic type)

Any more top tips would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
D

Depends on what type of work you are looking for.
Years ago I advertised in papers etc never one job just people using you for pricing purposes.
I am more commercial so when I was coming to a quiet period I would get yellow pages and send letters to all shopfitters etc, I got a couple of good clients from it for the price of a few stamps.
Suppose it's a bit different these days with the Internet, but everyone opens a letter and deletes emails.

O

Old Mod

If u have any independant tile suppliers in your area, pay them a visit.
(Chain stores for me have never worked well)
Don't just go offer your services, make sure u have some free time, take a portfolio and get under their skin, try and speak with all the staff but start with the head honcho and when u've spoken with him ask his permission to introduce urself to the rest of the staff.
I have one such retailer now, and I just went in on the pretence of looking for a brand of adhesive.
Saw a sample on the wall that I had fitted Recently (well it was near enough!) and used that to start a conversation and ultimately present my work on my iPad.
Rest is history, they put a very particular type of work my way now.
I've done several high end projects for the owners close friends now, and when something 'challenging' comes in, I'm the only number they give.
Don't get me wrong I had to start with the regular stuff to gain their confidence, but it's all in the way you interact with them.
You either make a great first impression, or u just blend in with the other 50 fitters numbers that they have! :)
Good luck!

B

bcd-87

Hi @Wishiwasatoptiler

Years ago I started on this pay for a lead type of web sites.. My builder, rated people, service magic & findatrade... But soon a gained a big enough client base to knock that on the head thank god it was a waste of time and money !! Spent a small fortune with yell.com got my first website but that dident last.. Now I'm a proud member of checkatrade and a small il local directory call " the little green book " or "the directory of excellence " both have worked very well. My van being sign written hss also helped with the branding of the business also the web page and uniform all help.. And good old fashion good luck.... !! Being in the right place at the right time.. Builders Pubs/cafe tiling forums any networking groups all social media is amazing.. Facebook, Twitter & Instagram are all excellent tools.. Good luck

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi we only use Facebook and Twitter, Works far better than print or anything else as you can target your local area only and you can see how many people have looked at your advert etc.....etc it's a great marketing tool !

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've been using www.freeindex.co.uk for a couple of years now, its free to set up but takes a few hours in front of the computer to get pics / write ups done. Once you've set it up get customers to put their own reviews on (don't try and forge them - they can tell if you're doing them yourself! ). Its comes up pretty high on google searches - eg "tiler in (your area)"
I get loads of calls from it and have had an awful lot work without spending a penny.
Might be worth a look at mate
:)

Reply to Marketing Advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen