Search the forum,

Discuss Marchrist ck850 blade chipping my tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hello, all

I recently bought a marchrist ck850 blade. Im using a vitrex 750 flatbed and Im cutting through 8mm 330mm by 330mm ceramic tiles. I took out a cheap erbaurer blade, and to be honest theres no difference.. also it is ever so slightly chipping the colour of the tiles as I cut. Any thoughts? Is the correct blade for ceramic tiles?

Thanks

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
hi , i bought the same blade and had the same problem, but i have found the more you use it the less it happens, and it only seems to be an issue on cheap ceramics, cuts through rock hard porcelain, no probs..

W

White Room

They could be very very cheap tiles, had some that a single bit of pressure from the manual cutter they just shattered...from Turkey I believe.

D

DHTiling

Unless you are pushing a tile through 100% square through the cutter, then the back edge of the blade will chip tiles as the tile isn't square and will be causing the tile to catch the blade, hence chipping them..and this shows up more on ceramics with darker biscuit than the face..

H

hillhead

I bought a 115 blade from stonetools and it's superb.
Infact it looks the same as the montolit blade as Iv had a few of them before but the stonetools blade is cheaper!!

Reaction score
hillhead my marcrist blade is on the last rim so im due a new one were did you get the 115 blade from and how much are they and how long do they last. if yours has been renewed yet:lol:

Reply to Marchrist ck850 blade chipping my tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen