Currently reading:
Marble effect tiles.

Discuss Marble effect tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
2014-10-02 14.47.33.jpg 2014-10-02 14.47.47.jpg

Have I made a boo boo here? I put all the veins facing the same direction in these marble effect porcelain tiles. Should I have gone random? Doing it my way meant that the customer had to order more tiles (because I was following the pattern).

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I like it the way they you've done it, that's the way I'd fit a tile like that. Did the tiles have a direction arrow on the rear?

Yes Bri, an arrow they indeed had. Has anyone ever got round to discovering the meaning of that arrow on the back of some tiles?

W

White Room

I always check for any grain on all tiles even plain white ones lol and make sure I fix them all the same way, after being made to take nearly a full bathroom off when I was an apprentice, trying to make some extra cash doing a job after work, he was a n engineer and I can still see his face now the b.....d, the old pilks 6×6 chicken or the lamb

That must have been soul destroying:oops:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Ahh, my second pic! Are you talking about the cuts being uneven going into the corners?

When I tile, I tile symmetrically. However, on this occasion it is the builder who set out.

The builder wanted it done his way. So when you walk into a room you see as may full tiles as possible. I will take a couple more pics later this week as I have to go back to the house to replace a few tiles in another room because they were smashed out due to a leak.

Also, everything is set out from the niche.

Reply to Marble effect tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement