Search the forum,

Discuss Marble effect install in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am preparing to install my first marble effect tiles and I have seen them installed two ways before. 1 random and the other with the veins lining up and running through in a pattern. I’d prefer the latter but not sure whether you need to pre sort the tiles or whether they are boxed in such a way that the next tile from the box should line up with the one before (if that makes sense) i suppose once I get started it will become clearer just haven’t had the delivery yet so thought I’d try and get ahead of the game with some of your advice.

Attachments

• BF6BD455-0DF1-4CAC-A751-F0F768E62A76.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 21
  • F3974622-68BA-422A-9417-12A63F6ADA32.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 18

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Normally to get the effect of the second image you need book matched/large format tiles.
It will be difficult/impossible to get the same effect with 600x300.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boggs is right. It's impossible to follow a grain throughout the wall unless you are specifically buying tiles that do it.

Firstly, don't try and sort natural effect tiles unless you want a pile of boxes and chipped tiles. They are off-set laser printed tiles.
The best thing to do is to work out of 4 boxes at a time and mix up. You might find that you have pattern repeats on 1/6 or 1/12 depending on quality. If they are of lower quality, you'll find quite a few repeat patterns. Switch them, or fix them 180 degrees as far away as a same tile (depending if the calibration is good).

Reply to Marble effect install in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen