Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei ultra colour plus in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It was about 10 years ago I think, that I used this stuff..............and hated it then.

Used it today, for the first time since then.........and still hate it.

Nice to actually grout with........then left it for 15, and tested it.....still too damp. Left for another 10 mins. Bloody solid.
Had to wash and use a scraper to get a half decent finish......and I think it still looks crap.

customer has OCD and had already got me to take down a whole wall of tiles, because he didn't want a cut at 1 end of the wall.......(Had me start in a corner, even though I told him NO) had a stripe going from bath top to ceiling, and now THIS is going to be off centre to the bath. Jacuzzi bath fitted after tiling.

when the floor has settled down and he gets a good look, I'm half expecting a phone call. :sofahide:

Q

Qwerty

I was UCP all day long until I switched to weber grouts at the start of the year. Will still use UCP if customer dictates, but other grouts are so much easier

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The customer already got the grout. Weber for the walls.......which was lovely to use. Then the Mapei........which was poo.

thing is, I have another bathroom to do at the same house........told him to take back the Mapei grout he already has for that.

Bal grouts all the way for me. :thumbsup:

lewie

TF
Reaction score
Agree with these comments although I'd add that I also had problems with efflorescence on the darker colours. Had the same problem with Granfix.

Changed to Tilemaster and I've not had the same problem since. Althoug I do get a few black bits in the white grout occasionally. Does anybody else get them and if so how do you get rid of them

Lewie

I

Ian

Agree with these comments although I'd add that I also had problems with efflorescence on the darker colours. Had the same problem with Granfix.

Changed to Tilemaster and I've not had the same problem since. Althoug I do get a few black bits in the white grout occasionally. Does anybody else get them and if so how do you get rid of them

Lewie

Black bits or pin holes? I find I get pin holes in 3000 if I wash too early, it sometimes just needs an extra 10 mins to set up, all depends on the tile.

Reply to Mapei ultra colour plus in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen