Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei renovation screed primer in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

I dont know this as I am not familiar with mapei products but I think it's worth checking with mapei that 12mm over the pipes is sufficient ..

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Somethings not right here the make up of the floor is not one I have come across minimum cover is normally 75mm sand and cement screed or a pumped flow screed over the pipework , dont know how far you have got but a overlay system may be a better choice as attached you can tile straight onto it ? no need for slc , please check before carrying out any further work .

Screenshot_20190428-173852_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190428-175739_Chrome.jpg

Reaction score
Yup.
See my previous thread on the topic.
The original plan was to have overlay boards and then tile on top but it turns out I've got 28-30mm space to fill between the tiles and concrete so I was recommended the mapei renovation screed.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Dont skimp bud this will bite you in the arse , how far have you got ? How much is there to make up between tampered concrete slab and tiled finished floor , look at the underfloor heating company website and their overlay system

Reaction score
I've got 28-30mm space to fill before the adhesive/tiles
Not looking to skimp.
I've bought 12 bags of renovation screed based off forum recommendation. Happy to do anything you guys recommend.

We ruled out overlay boards befause none come in 30mm thickness without having to stack on top of other types of boards.

Even if overlay boards were possible... The screed would give a better heat spread.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A low profile overlay heating system is what you need, something like Warmup Total 16,(others are available), where the pipes are laid in the grooves of the insulation boards, then you can use latex over the top.

Reply to Mapei renovation screed primer in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen