Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei Latex Plus required over SLC? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

adibell

TF
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m doing tiling for my first time in our bathroom. I had wooden floorboards, which I’ve primed, used tile adhesive and screws with backer board washers at 30cm centres to fix tile insulation/backer boards to cover over, then installed UFH, and covered with 10mm Mapei ultraplan renovation SLC. On the walls I’ve used MR plasterboards, and tanked the wet areas with Mapei’s Shower kit.

I have a few bags of keraquick, and am just about ready to start tiling...My question is should I be using latex plus in my situation. I’ve seen that it should be used over floorboards but is it necessary over the SLC? What about on the walls? I know it’s piece of mind for some situations, but it’s still pretty pricey stuff, especially if I don’t really need it!

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Q

Qwerty

You wont need any latex plus.

I'm so sorry that nobody answered your question first time around. We must have all been so busy getting ready for Valentine's day :oops::D

Reply to Mapei Latex Plus required over SLC? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen