Search the forum,

Discuss Mapegum in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm going to be using the mapegum waterproofing paste on a bathroom. My question is; if I buy a 25kg tub can I use some of it, re-seal the lid and use it again, say a week later. Or is it a tub per job once opened?

My virgin question on tilersforums

W

White Room

I don't know about Mapegum but other types I've used as in Bal just put the lid on it's been fine for further usage.

I

Italy

I'm going to be using the mapegum waterproofing paste on a bathroom. My question is; if I buy a 25kg tub can I use some of it, re-seal the lid and use it again, say a week later. Or is it a tub per job once opened?

Yes

S

Stef

I've used Mapegum & Aquadefence 6 months & longer after I've opened a tub.
Make sure the lid is sealed tight.

A

Aston

as above
yes you can use mapegum after opening as long as its sealed properly and stored correctly. i know the shelf life is 2 years but i'm not sure how long you can use it once its opened. you would have to contact mapei for that. i'd guess it would be around a year once opened.

Reply to Mapegum in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm installing 4x12 white ceramic subway tile in my shower and going from the shower base up to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, probably a pretty common question but I'm going around in circles looking online for a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, My names Fraser I have been in the motor trade for 17 years, after falling out...
Replies
Views
It seems I neglected to say hello, very remiss of me... During all the covid lockdowns I signed...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen