Search the forum,

Discuss Malei Grout has dried in different colours in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hello,

We are first time tilers, we finished laying the tiles last weekend and grouted them yesterday.

It is laid onto a sand and cement screen base which was laid around six months ago. We used 900 x 150 porcelain tiles and a mapai flexible adhesive. The room has never been used and is newly built so doesn’t have any damp or condensation problems.

we grouted it using Mapei grey flexible grout, followed mixing instructions/water ratio/electric mixing paddle and the grout has dried almost white in places but darker elsewhere. I’ve attached photos to try and show the colour difference (please be kind as we aren’t professional tilers)

We like the darker colour but the paler doesn’t look how we hoped. Is there any way of darkening it up without having to scrape it all out? The room is 27 square metres so there are a lot of grout lines.

3C98FF8F-AC2F-4278-A363-7DE67E252FF5.jpeg

423CDADE-3813-4FD9-9A9D-076790B96ED5.jpeg

that’s likely what I did then, I’ve seen mapai do a grout refresher/colour called fuga fresco. Does anyone have experience of this and is it likely to be suitable to darken it up?

I've used the fuga fresca white. It's very good. Inexpensive and worth a try.

Reply to Malei Grout has dried in different colours in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen