Search the forum,

Discuss Looking For Travertine Tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Last Trav I got hold of was from DT Stone in Fordingbridge, friendly to deal with and the quality of stone was good imho.

E

emmaemily

Some suppliers of travertine tiles are stocking some rather poor grades lately ...

Who do you use for your travertine supplies and is the quality consistent .

I agree that some suppliers out there will show you the best of their samples, but you will receive poor quality commercial grade travertine and we cannot check each tile by putting one sample by the side of another and compare. No one can sell the first grade travertine for less price, you probably get what you pay for. But make sure to get the best product for the price. A high quality travertine will have the minimal surface holes and overall good color which is consistent from tile to tile. Some colors like black and green are available only in lowest grade.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that some suppliers out there will show you the best of their samples, but you will receive poor quality commercial grade travertine and we cannot check each tile by putting one sample by the side of another and compare. No one can sell the first grade travertine for less price, you probably get what you pay for. But make sure to get the best product for the price. A high quality travertine will have the minimal surface holes and overall good color which is consistent from tile to tile. Some colors like black and green are available only in lowest grade.
I didn't realise that. So blacks and greens are always low end. Are there any colours that are always grade A?

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

O

Old Mod

Hi,
welcome to the Forum @emmaemily,
your response would suggest that you're very well informed.
Are you affiliated with the stone industry?

E

emmaemily

Hi,
welcome to the Forum @emmaemily,
your response would suggest that you're very well informed.
Are you affiliated with the stone industry?

Thank you. I'm working in flooring industry.. so i have some knowledge about tile, wood, laminate, vinyl and stone floorings.

O

Old Mod

Thank you. I'm working in flooring industry.. so i have some knowledge about tile, wood, laminate, vinyl and stone floorings.

Ah yes I see from your signature now :rolleyes:
Express Flooring!
So what brings you across the pond to our humble Forum when you have John Bridge at your fingertips?:)

Reply to Looking For Travertine Tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Looking for Mardin / Mardin Gold Tiles
Hi, we've recently had a wet room leak and have had to pull up some tiles. I'm looking for some...
Replies
Views
Hi - Had reason to do a quick fix for a neighbour the other day and she had a Fix&Grout Ready...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen