Discuss Looking For Travertine Tiles. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

Topps were the last supplier a customer used for Trav but she when in there and sorted the better quality ones...

K

kaharrison9

I agree that it is becoming rarer to get a quality travertine the company that I find that has a quality consistency is Verona stone and it happens to be priced up well. They let us go in there dry warehouse and will open a pallet for me to look through. I have seen pallets marked up for distribution to other tile shops and I know they are then double the cost.

Q

Qwerty

Fitting some horrible Homebase trav at the moment. Riddled with filler and had countless tiles crack when picking them up or tapping them with the rubber mallet :mad:

image.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Oh yes, 40sqm floor and 60sqm worth of tiles. Any left over are for an ensuite floor

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Last Trav I got hold of was from DT Stone in Fordingbridge, friendly to deal with and the quality of stone was good imho.

E

emmaemily

Some suppliers of travertine tiles are stocking some rather poor grades lately ...

Who do you use for your travertine supplies and is the quality consistent .

I agree that some suppliers out there will show you the best of their samples, but you will receive poor quality commercial grade travertine and we cannot check each tile by putting one sample by the side of another and compare. No one can sell the first grade travertine for less price, you probably get what you pay for. But make sure to get the best product for the price. A high quality travertine will have the minimal surface holes and overall good color which is consistent from tile to tile. Some colors like black and green are available only in lowest grade.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that some suppliers out there will show you the best of their samples, but you will receive poor quality commercial grade travertine and we cannot check each tile by putting one sample by the side of another and compare. No one can sell the first grade travertine for less price, you probably get what you pay for. But make sure to get the best product for the price. A high quality travertine will have the minimal surface holes and overall good color which is consistent from tile to tile. Some colors like black and green are available only in lowest grade.
I didn't realise that. So blacks and greens are always low end. Are there any colours that are always grade A?

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh is that what makes it darker then.

Every day's a school day!

Reply to Looking For Travertine Tiles. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks