Search the forum,

Discuss Long bucket life for powder adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Would like recommendations for 300 x 600 (x10mm) porcelain tiles, on wall inside a walk-in shower enclosure, tiling directly onto tile backer board.
DIY tiler with limited experience. I think I need a powder adhesive for this size tile, but it needs a long bucket life - had a mare using penny tile Mosaics on the floor, with adhesive skinning before I was ready - even though I only did small sections. What a botched job that was!

How long can I expect a bucket of adhesive to last? Longer than 25 mins would be good :/

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any standard setting adhesive, I always use Tilemaster Standard Setaflex.
Pot life is around 3 hours.

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys. The Is Omar was perfect - long bucket life and proper sticky 😃

Pictures of the job attached. Happy with the end result as my errors are not too obvious and the tiles are well spaced. Took me forever and a lot of brainpower to plan it out.

53FCFC2E-8885-4249-B38A-7CFAC21F3EF2.jpeg

9386B4DA-1065-44E7-A2F0-F21549748D87.jpeg

06C6344F-6256-4857-A6BB-876F40F7E94C.jpeg

Reply to Long bucket life for powder adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen