Search the forum,

Discuss Lifting ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

failte

Is there anyway of lifting ceramic tiles without cracking them?. I have 35sqm various sizes from 12by12 to 18 by12. It is in conservatory that has no heating and I wish to install underfloor heating. I do have a Fein cutting tool that is great for removing the grout.
Thanks

T

TilingLogistics

Is there anyway of lifting ceramic tiles without cracking them?. I have 35sqm various sizes from 12by12 to 18 by12. It is in conservatory that has no heating and I wish to install underfloor heating. I do have a Fein cutting tool that is great for removing the grout.
Thanks

Welcome to the forums! In reply to your question NO! I suggest you would be quicker to purchase all new:thumbsup:

Kev

G

Gazzer

Depends on who or how they were laid but if they were laid properly then no chance.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
err no chance,why dont you want them to break are you thinking of re laying them after you have installed underfloor heating? a shocker of an idea if so:thumbsup:

H

Highlander

You could lift them and relay them as mossaic :grin: bet you could have some nice patterns.

P

penno

you do not have a prayer of keeping them intact, doesn't matter who laid them, some if not most will break. Ones that don't break will need cleaning off if you are going to relay them, will take you weeks.

Reply to Lifting ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen