Search the forum,

Discuss levelling the floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davey-j

hi again i recently wrote a post on here which is named "concrete", i have just come across a problem which has got me.I am going to put a dpm down and then self level the floor however the highest point in the kitchen is approx 10 mm higher then the rest of the floor.If you could revert back to my concrete post there is a pic about3/4 of the way down and is the second one taken from low down.where the doorway is on the left you see a small skirting board,(where you can see blue jeans sorry)that is my highest point.It slopes down to the right as you can see in the pic(i hope).i used a straight edge and this will need to be raised 10mm up to the skirting board.Also when looking straight down the kitchen,that too is around 10mm lower than the highest point.I came to the conclusion that once my slc is down,tiles,adhesive the appliances prob wont fit under the work tops.What would you reccommend do as in my opinion i think its going to be a bit risky if i go ahead and level the floor and then find my mate has to get new work tops which is a no no.The tops are on legs but are at their max height plus if they went higher the tiles on the wall would have to come off.Could you help as im stuck,thanks again guys foe all info:thumbsup: My conclusion by the way is lino ha ha

B

brian c

cant you grind the floor down to level it off then slc or if its a large area you can hire a scarifier which would help get floor level.

Reply to levelling the floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

So I may have done an oopsie. We are putting self-levelling compound down over floor where I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen