Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

There are dozens of systems out there, my advice would be to choose

Genesis or Rubi from Sam @Pro Tiler Tools
(Not the new quick system)
Tile Leveling Systems | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/3191/tile-leveling-systems

The most common style are...
Raimondi from
Colin at Kwik Split or
Jim Stott at Tiler tools

PLM (perfect level master) from Nick Ward.

Mustang from Andy Carroll.

Then you can make an informed decision.

Yes they’re available on ebay, but a large percentage are rip offs from China.
Whilst some are more than useable, a lot are not.
Without a yardstick to measure them by, you’ll still be in the dark.
Couldn't agree more, I worked my way through quite a few (duff ones at that) before I found one I was happy with..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've never used spacers when tiling floors, just a straight edge.......... This is the only thing that puts me off using them.... I would have to change the entire way I tile.

F

Flintstone

Even on large floor areas Andy? I used to not use spacers on bathroom size floors, but always on bigger areas. The clips are usually only 1mm thick so you will still need your expert eye

O

Old Mod

I've never used spacers when tiling floors, just a straight edge.......... This is the only thing that puts me off using them.... I would have to change the entire way I tile.
Not with the right choice Andy, in your case I’d suggest the genesis or Rubi type.
That way you can tile in your normal manner and tighten any clips down from above.

O

Old Mod

Even on large floor areas Andy? I used to not use spacers on bathroom size floors, but always on bigger areas. The clips are usually only 1mm thick so you will still need your expert eye
Don’t really hold with that idea Andy, if you’re using wedge type, as you tighten them they will move the tile as you push the wedge in, even with the correct pliers. The wedge will grip the tile and move it.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never used spacers...... Did a 500m garage floor once with 200x200 tiles just use straight edges and bays..

I always thought you used the clip as the spacer,. Dose that mean you only have 1mm joints?

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Going to try them out on 600x300 porcelain in a small bathroom I posted about in my 'wonky wall post'.

Floor is approx 1200x2400 with 2500 ceiling. Roughly how many would I need, including the floor. Bit of an experiment, but feel the need to go 'out into the wilderness' :D

W

WetSaw

Is it a metal straight edge you use? The sort that chips the edge of tiles? Maybe time to try something new....;)

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen