Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Genesis Easy Level LARGE System Starter Tub 300pcs PTT664-666 | Buy Tile Leveling Systems Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tile-leveling-systems/45927/genesis-easy-level-large-system-starter-tub-300pcs-ptt664-666

Expensive compared to the cheap eBay ones which a lot use. I can’t comment because these are all I have tried

O

Old Mod

If you’re using clips for the first time, buying Cheap is a mistake!
Buy a reputable brand, they tend to be easier to use because they’re well established.
If you find you’d like to use them in the future, then you can move to something that you may feel is more cost effective.
Like anything, you need to know what they should be like to use first.
Otherwise you won’t have anything to measure them by.

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
If you’re using clips for the first time, buying Cheap is a mistake!
Buy a reputable brand, they tend to be easier to use because they’re well established.
If you find you’d like to use them in the future, then you can move to something that you may feel is more cost effective.
Like anything, you need to know what they should be like to use first.
Otherwise you won’t have anything to measure them by.

I asked the question earlisr, any chance of an eBay link? Cheers, Chris

O

Old Mod

I asked the question earlisr, any chance of an eBay link? Cheers, Chris
There are dozens of systems out there, my advice would be to choose

Genesis or Rubi from Sam @Pro Tiler Tools
(Not the new quick system)
Tile Leveling Systems | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/3191/tile-leveling-systems

The most common style are...
Raimondi from
Colin at Kwik Split or
Jim Stott at Tiler tools

PLM (perfect level master) from Nick Ward.

Mustang from Andy Carroll.

Then you can make an informed decision.

Yes they’re available on ebay, but a large percentage are rip offs from China.
Whilst some are more than useable, a lot are not.
Without a yardstick to measure them by, you’ll still be in the dark.

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen