Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling a DPM floor? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Steven

TF
Reaction score
Good morning tilers,

A neighbour has recently asked me to look at tiling the floor in his garden room. The screed is incredibly rough and will need levelling first - the problem is he has already gone over it with a DPM (liquid I think). This is a new problem for me and I'm not sure how/if that can be tackled. Am I right in understanding that a self leveller won't bond leaving it to just crack? Any help would be really appreciated - how and if I can carry out the job successfully.

I have attached a couple of pictures.

Many thanks.

IMG_20210727_093025.jpg

IMG_20210727_093030.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sand it then over prime using an epoxy primer, sand blind whilst tacky allow to set vac up any loose sand then use whichever cement based levelling compound you like.

Reply to Levelling a DPM floor? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen