Search the forum,

Discuss Leveling insulation boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

Hi all

Anyone know if it's possible to flatten/level out a 28m2 floor using 6mm insulation boards?

Customer is having UFH, his current substrate is concrete and it is pretty all over the place with plenty of high and low spots...... was gonna get rid of some of the high spots using my grinder and then SLC the low spots before fixing the boards, i then wondered if it possible to avoid this stage and just pack the boards out and level with them (tiles are gonna be 600x600 porcs)

Your opinions would be appreciated?

Thanks
Toby

T

TJ Smiler

Do you mean concrete or screed ???

Well it's actually a mixture of both.......very old house with a an extension built about 25 years ago. The old stuff is concrete and the newer is screed. With a bit of SLC in spots for good measure

W

White Room

Well it's actually a mixture of both.......very old house with a an extension built about 25 years ago. The old stuff is concrete and the newer is screed. With a bit of SLC in spots for good measure

The reason I asked is that quite a few call screed concrete, that is a pet hate to be honest...it's just me though:smilewinkgrin:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The reason I asked is that quite a few call screed concrete, that is a pet hate to be honest...it's just me though:smilewinkgrin:

No it's not just you mate... It is also one of my pet hates along with people who call a concrete mixer a cement mixer....

Reply to Leveling insulation boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen