Search the forum,

Discuss Laying Glass mosiacs - Help/Tips Required tips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tintin

Hello I'm new around here
I'm also a novice so I'm hoping you experts will be able to provide me with a few tips/point me in the right direction.
Want to put up a small quantity of glass mosiac tiles as a cooker splashback. These are in sheets of 30cm (12" square.
I started with a small test area using BAL Blue Star adhesive which was a bit of a disaster. I called BAL and they recommended I use their Mosiac fix which I believe has better grab.
However from my test area I have two other problems
  • When you lay each square, how do you prevent too much adhesive coming through the hesian
  • Secondly and more importantly how to you maintain the space beteen individual mosiacs.
When I tried to lay the sheet the 'gaps' bunched up. I tried spacers at every other space but then when I tried to remove the spacers they were stuck in place and in trying to remove them, dislodged some of the tiles

Must get this job completed ASAP so any advice/practical tips will be very welcome
Thanks in advance
Tintin

wayne

TF
Reaction score
use mosaic fix with a 3mm mosaic trowel. bed them in with a grout float and they shouldnt slip and close the joints.

D

DHTiling

Once you have put the mosaics on get them into the position you want then dont play with them too much coz once the backing softens then the tiles will just move individually rather than as a sheet if you see what i mean....good luck and post us some pic,s in the gallery.... http://www.tilersforums.com/tilegallery/

T

tintin

Thanks for the tip Dave
I will post some pics when done
Probably how not to tile a wall !

Reply to Laying Glass mosiacs - Help/Tips Required tips in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen