Discuss Larsen Trade Fast Set Flexible from Tile Giant? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Whats the forums opinion on this stuff? I used it last year on a 50m2 floor 600x600 polished porc (Over screeded UFH on concrete).
I found it an absolute joy to work with. Very smooth and great pot life. No problems with the job also.
A quick search on here turns up unfavourable results, so what do people not like about it?
I've got another big floor to do but this time on ply. Was going to use this stuff again but I'm kind of put off using it now.

H

hmtiling

I wouldn't use a trade/cheap adhesive. It's the polymers they'll be skimping on. I also wouldn't use Larson.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had experience with their training guys before now and they were A1. I liked their stuff (after a little play, wasn't an actual job).

Perhaps test any trade before thinking you're saving money. No matter who makes it. Weber's trade had issues in a thread or two back. So even popular adhesive can skimp, as said above.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wouldn't use Larsen, wouldn't Tile on ply (not looking to start an argument with that comment) and certainly would never use Larsen on ply you'd begging for trouble there imho

B

Blunt Tool

I did a job recently, 40 square metres of floors 600x600 porcelains supplied by Porcelanosa. They supplied all the adhesives and grouts called Butech? Never heard of the stuff and got customer to sign off that I took no liability for adhesive and grout. They were happy enough to take Pocelanosa word and did all prep (normal) as instructed. I was quite impressed with adhesive and grout and to date no probs (about 6 month now) :)

Reply to Larsen Trade Fast Set Flexible from Tile Giant? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks