Search the forum,

Discuss Large Format Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AJK

Hi,

We are thinking of using some large flooring tiles in our extension (600mm x600mm). The original part of the house (1930s) will be a suspended floor and the new area will be a concrete slab. We will have underfloor heating throughout.

I've heard differing reports on whether large tiles will be prone to cracking.

I've seen you can use an uncoupling membrane for lateral movement but there still could be vertical movement/expansion caused by the ufh.

What are peoples experiences with these sort of floor tiles? Any problems with cracking?

Many thanks!

S

Spare Tool

Get a good quality porcelain tile, do the necessary prep before hand, install an anti fracture mat, tile leaving room for expansion and a joint between the two substrates and they're shouldn't be any cracking problems...

Reply to Large Format Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen