Search the forum,

Discuss Large format popped around edges in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

40mm poured screed!
Possibly a gypsum based screed with a standard set s1 adhesive!
Surprised if there is cover on a liability insurance for workmanship.

D

Dumbo

BS5385, part 3, C.2.4:
"Once the floor tiling is installed, the heating system should not be run for at least 10 days in order to allow the tile bedding to cur/dry thoroughly".

3 days too soon shouldn't make too much difference, but the cold temps we've had recently would drastically slow the curing process.
Maybe covering with the corded may have slowed the curing time also . So possible accumulation of factors there .

Reaction score
The radiators were on in the house and it was fairly warm. The ufh was only opened up very slightly we didn't notice any warmth for the first few days. The backs of the tile were not back buttered which I first thought could be the problem although it wouldn't explain the edges only popping. I can't actually find a datasheet for the adhesive. It's not even listed on their website, I will email. The smaller cuts around the perimeter seem to have stuck well. Thanks for your help guys.

Reaction score
Yeah the floor was pretty wet when we lifted the cordex. The tile shop recommended adhesive based on the floor screed spec and tiles they supplied. Could they have issued the wrong stuff. I have a feeling not buttering the back of the tile is possibly the problem here. Apparently my pl covers workmanship so my partner says but we'd rather not make a claim if possible. Willing to hold my hands up though. Laurence was fully removed and primer also recommended by the tile shop was used. I'll have to find out what it was .

Reply to Large format popped around edges in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen