Search the forum,

Discuss Just had a call from 'Microsoft Support" in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Watch out for this scam.

Just had a call from "Microsoft Support" and quickly got rid of the indian woman on the end of the phone. But they target old people mostly, want you to boot your computer up, visit a dodgy website, it tells you that your computer is infected, and to enter your card details to fix it. Woman on the phone would have kindly talked me through the whole process if I'd have let her.

Warn your older family members about this.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd heard about it but never had it. Just had my first. I could have some fun with these if I had time.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Had one a few months back...........I told them to F off, and put the phone down. They phoned straight back and screamed a torrent of abuse at me.......then got really Pee'd of when I just laughed at them and put the phone down. The coloured Nigerian chippy phoned back again.....but I just left it to ring then.

D

Deleted member 9966

my father in law got burned with this one. sad thing was, he phoned his wife at work to make sure he was doing the right thing by talking to these people and doing what they said, but because she wasn't available, he "took the initiative" and let these scammers get to his pc. they claimed to be from his internet service provider and he said it seemed legitimate. thankfully older bro in law was pretty high up in IT at Monsoon at the time and the same day he found all the nasty viruses that had been uploaded and stripped the whole thing back. older people are very susceptible.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've had calls a couple of times from 'abroad' regarding Windows problems. I confuse them by saying we don't have windows I live in a cave but we do have a door at the entrance. They ask do you have a computer, and I say yes, then they say I must have windows. My next retort is that we like the dark so never bothered having windows installed.

You can hear the cogs down the phone line, confused.com.

W

White Room

downHad one a few months back...........I told them to F off, and put the phone . They phoned straight back and screamed a torrent of abuse at me.......then got really Pee'd of when I just laughed at them and put the phone down. The coloured Nigerian chippy phoned back again.....but I just left it to ring then.

Had the same and said the same but growled in the process, had no call back though.....

Reply to Just had a call from 'Microsoft Support" in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen