Search the forum,

Discuss job i should have started today in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
well the job i was starting to day is not ready, there son in law who is a plasterer has prepped the walls , but not as i told him to , removed all the plaster back to brick work re-board dot and dab , which he as done , then he decided to skim them all , he told them it would be better to tile on
i now have to wait for it to dry,

G

Gazzer

Idiots !!!!! you try and save the client time and money ...will they listen ? :mad2:

S

Stewart

Lucky up here as very little gets plastered, but yet to meet one who has a clue about plaster and tiling weights and why bare boards are better to tile to........ #muppets

Created on iPhone.....

S

Stewart

Nice to meet you Stewart just call me Mr Muppet thanks :lol:

Unfortunately Jay, you don't work in my area, and if you did, you could have more work than you could handle. The old guys have forgotten how to and the young guys have done a 1 week course or just blagged themselves work and can't remember the last time I saw a plasterer using a straight edge!

Created on iPhone.....

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im a plasterer stewart,i think im a very good one as well,and so are my 2 lads who work for me. Problem nowadays are someone who thinks he can skim thinks he is a plasterer, i call them skimmers, give them a bath a rake a straightedge and any backing coat they are buggered, they prob fill the bath up and wash there hair :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.864733,-2.394847

Reply to job i should have started today in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, I need some advice please. I recently had a contractor in to remodel my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen