Search the forum,

Discuss JG Speedfit Wet UFH overfit system?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Any body fixed tiles over this...Got the spec sheet In front of me and a bit nervous of tiling on suggested method(according to spec and tech helpline) it does state that it can be tiled on but...
So basically it's a foil covered 25mm kingspan with 15mm grooves cut in for the pipes, the panels are not attached to the floor in any way and the substrate is crossing from concrete to 25mm ply screwed onto suspended joists..
The spec sheet then says lay suitable ply or Knauff Brio Board over the top again floating and tile..On the phone I was asked what's the minimum ply I'd tile on and when I said 12mm they said just overboard it with that then, when I said I'm not too happy tiling on floating ply (or any ply tbh) I suggested 10mm of fibre leveller over the lot then ditra but this was dismissed by the tech helpline, I suggested 6mm hardi fixed with rapid set then ditra but again dismissed, seems whatever over boarding is needed has to be floating and it just dosnt fill me with confidence. Tiles are 600 porc. Anyone come across this stuff before??....besides just tile the walls and walk away your thoughts please??

I

Ian

Have you got a link to this UFH please mate, I've tiled to a couple of similar systems but, in all cases I've done as you suggested and covered them in 10mm of slc.

S

Spare Tool

Thanks Bri and absolutely rubbish with tech n don't know how to put a link on..sorry to be a pain but if you google it, its there

S

Spare Tool

Wrong link that Mark, that would be the one to choose.. I wish. The system I've got to tile is in the JG technical document Septembermber 2014

I

Ian

I'd be wanting everything stuck down, and at the very least a cement board glued to the top of the pipes, no way I'd tile to floating ply over floating insulation!

S

Spare Tool

I'd be wanting everything stuck down, and at the very least a cement board glued to the top of the pipes, no way I'd tile to floating ply over floating insulation!

My thoughts exactly but when my suggestions were dismissed on the phone to tech they added that any guarantees would be void if I prepped and tiled it any other way...it's a no win on this one

Reply to JG Speedfit Wet UFH overfit system?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen