Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Looks like mark frosts ways are creeping in. ‘Marc we don’t need that sigma frame for this one just pass me that 2x4’
:D
Close, but no cigar mate, praps this will give you a clue. This is two tiles back to back, allbeit one is a cut.

D17EBB5F-6C4E-4216-AED7-0C5F7CA46785.jpeg 9DE36828-A943-44CB-B4A3-EC31FC1BCA95.jpeg

And you think you have problems with 60 x 30’s
:p:p:p

O

Old Mod

You can keep them bananas down south
Yeah this colour has given us, well me, headaches.
The black and white were fine, but these, not so much.
Tensioned and extremely bowed, almost unusable.
I had to wait for a rep from Italy to visit (too big problem for U.K. rep) , firstly to see if I knew what I was doing :)
And secondly to check out my request to back them.
Some 25-30 sheets, not a fivers worth.
They agreed to replace any or all tiles that didn’t behave themselves.

D

Dumbo

Yeah this colour has given us, well me, headaches.
The black and white were fine, but these, not so much.
Tensioned and extremely bowed, almost unusable.
I had to wait for a rep from Italy to visit (too big problem for U.K. rep) , firstly to see if I knew what I was doing :)
And secondly to check out my request to back them.
Some 25-30 sheets, not a fivers worth.
They agreed to replace any or all tiles that didn’t behave themselves.
Whose make of tiles ?

B

Bill

It’s worth pushing to major brands Tom, I know they can be considerably dearer, but the cheaper ones can chip badly on occasion.
I’m not saying you bought a cheap one of course. :p
I needed a hole cutter and the local tile shop, near where I was working, only had the Tile Rite range. A 35mm bit cost about £25 I think, I only had to do 3 holes but it cut them effortlessly without chipping.

I am sure most of these things are just rebranded in China somewhere ..... it was even Rubi red.

O

Old Mod

I needed a hole cutter and the local tile shop, near where I was working, only had the Tile Rite range. A 35mm bit cost about £25 I think, I only had to do 3 holes but it cut them effortlessly without chipping.

I am sure most of these things are just rebranded in China somewhere ..... it was even Rubi red.

Oh I agree, they’re an excellent addition to our kit.

Well what I mean to say is, there is a world of difference between Bosch and a certain popular place to buy these bits from.

No, not you Sam, you’re bloody expensive! Haha
But good quality it must be said.

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks