Search the forum,

Discuss Isomat adhesives ..... in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Right my tile shop is stocking ak20 . Now because of the sheer volume of a bag of this and fluid what buckets are using to mix in . I used a plasterers bucket but would of liked it a little larger . Also is anybody using isomat grouts if so what are they like do they compare to anything .

B

Bill

I use gorilla type trug buckets to mix my adhesive in .....

Anything like an old adhesive bucket for grout.

Not used Isomat grout yet.

W

Waluigi

I tend to use standard mixing buckets, like the Tilemaster type for example. I have a few samples of the Smalto Isomat grout but not tried them yet. Decent range of colours though:-

245A72FF-BFEB-42B1-A7EC-1F1E2C029F0D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Flintstone

Gorilla tub is the one as you can get it out and into the floor in the right quantity easy enough instead of a tall rigid bucket. You'll find your ratios in sure but I settled on 8.25 litres of water per bag for floor tiling with the ak20

W

Waluigi

you’re right, there’s a tiny amount left over. It might be the Bal Bucket I’m using though which is a little bigger. I have two buckets on the go, one for water to clean the mixer. I prefer the thinner buckets in bathrooms as they take up less space. My water bucket might be the Tilemaster one. I can’t remember.

What about a larger plastering bucket?

30 litres, surely that would do it if you prefer the thinner buckets

https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/ndc-pol...zG2s6QcpPeHFYP9c7NMaAgdGEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

D

Dumbo

you’re right, there’s a tiny amount left over. It might be the Bal Bucket I’m using though which is a little bigger. I have two buckets on the go, one for water to clean the mixer. I prefer the thinner buckets in bathrooms as they take up less space. My water bucket might be the Tilemaster one. I can’t remember.

What about a larger plastering bucket?

30 litres, surely that would do it if you prefer the thinner buckets

https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/ndc-pol...zG2s6QcpPeHFYP9c7NMaAgdGEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Do the maths 25k powder 7.75 litres water 32.75 litre of product roughly . With the plastering bucket as you pull the whisk to the top you have to be carefull to keep the product in .

W

Waluigi

Use a gorilla bucket then. Apparently it comes with a free set of manners when you buy from Screwfix.

O

Old Mod

I use a plasterers bucket all the time and always a full bag, yes it’s full, I just slow my mixer down when I remove it, don’t seem to get problems.
And I use a full 8ltrs but then that’s with the 22 and I need it loose, that’s the adhesive you understand. :D

D

Dumbo

When taking the whisk out I like to give a fast spin to remove the excess adhesive which is not possible.

Reply to Isomat adhesives ..... in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen