Search the forum,

Discuss Is this ok? Natural stone floor not level after tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WaltWhite

No grading given, we ordered a couple of samples online. Then my wife phoned up and ordered over the phone as she was physically unable to get to store. They are saying they didn't give us any explanation over the phone as they thought she knew about these tiles due to ordering her samples ??? Also that some customers find it rude to be asked if they are familiar with these marble tiles???? Again b strange to me

W

WaltWhite

No grading given, we ordered a couple of samples online. Then my wife phoned up and ordered over the phone as she was physically unable to get to store. They are saying they didn't give us any explanation over the phone as they thought she knew about these tiles due to ordering her samples ??? Also that some customers find it rude to be asked if they are familiar with these marble tiles???? Again b strange to me

W

WaltWhite

The samples looked nothing like the darker patches although we expected variation . Just not like that!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
He did say the sheets were already darker but he thought that was the mix. the fact he knew it was carerra marble, being an experienced tiler I would have thought hang on these aren't what they're going for?

Anyway @ATSDiamondTools yiu are right either live with it or replace. Can't afford to replace tiles were £700. And the tiler was dear in my opinion on top. We were recommended by our plumber and went for a dearer tiler as we wanted it right. Not withstanding whether he is at fault or it here. We're always willing to pay more for a top job. Got a bad vibe when he had no wet cutter, bought one in the end when asked, and was messy. But whether he is at fault or not us seems to be up for debate. The wife is into interiors not holidays or fashion so bought tiles as a treat if u like, it's a shame they haven't ended up exactly how we thought. And she's had a crap time of late (marrried to me for starters!) But disappointed overall, will be sticking to ceramics mayb from now on...

What experience do you have to base that on?

Stop trying to wriggle out of paying the tiler.

His experience would have led him to understand natural stone is natural and like any other sensible person would have assumed you were aware of that.

I wouldn't even blame fired earth, I'd blame you guys for not checking what was delivered was what you ordered and wanted.

W

WaltWhite

@Dan Noones trying to wriggle out of paying the tiler. Read all my posts before you come to that judgement. FYI My pregnant wife was knocked down by a car a couple of days after we bought the tiles, checking and opening tiles wasn't the priority then funnily enough. So we decided to pay someone who was recommended by our plumber (who has done a lot of work for my dad, a builder) hoping this job could be taken care of and my wife could carry on looking after our other kids and let her fractured ribs and cocsics mend. It hasn't worked out that way and if you had read my posts properlyI haven't just blamed the tiler. I have just asked for some guidance. Ur comment is out of order

W

WaltWhite

My experience of pricing comes from my dads 40 years in the building game BTW, I asked his opinion and got prices of other a couple of other tilers who were a bit cheaper

W

WetSaw

Sorry Dan but I have to agree with the OP, your post seems rather harsh. Clearly there is a big difference in the colour of the tiles, whether this was as noticeable when fitting we'll never know. What is needed is a solution to the problem and it appears from previous posts that Lithofin Bob is helping behind the scenes so hopefully there will be an acceptable outcome for all parties.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just seems to be finding any reason to pass on paying the tiler to change the tiles.

You shouldn't have gone with this tiler then maybe. Which brings it down to you being the employer choosing the wrong tiler.

If you wanted even colouring, should have bought ceramics or porcelain IMO.

W

WetSaw

Can you point me towards the post that says the tiler isn't going to get paid as I seem to have missed it.

W

WaltWhite

I want to pass on paying the tiler for changing the tiles??!
I wanted even colouring??!
This getting silly now....

Reply to Is this ok? Natural stone floor not level after tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen