Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Is this ok? Natural stone floor not level after tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WaltWhite

My experience of pricing comes from my dads 40 years in the building game BTW, I asked his opinion and got prices of other a couple of other tilers who were a bit cheaper

W

WetSaw

Sorry Dan but I have to agree with the OP, your post seems rather harsh. Clearly there is a big difference in the colour of the tiles, whether this was as noticeable when fitting we'll never know. What is needed is a solution to the problem and it appears from previous posts that Lithofin Bob is helping behind the scenes so hopefully there will be an acceptable outcome for all parties.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just seems to be finding any reason to pass on paying the tiler to change the tiles.

You shouldn't have gone with this tiler then maybe. Which brings it down to you being the employer choosing the wrong tiler.

If you wanted even colouring, should have bought ceramics or porcelain IMO.

W

WetSaw

Can you point me towards the post that says the tiler isn't going to get paid as I seem to have missed it.

W

WaltWhite

I want to pass on paying the tiler for changing the tiles??!
I wanted even colouring??!
This getting silly now....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Was silly at the start imo. Wanting natural tiles all inkeeping.

Personally I'd have pulled a few of the darker ones off the sheet and mixed them with some light ones I pull off another, if the sheets weren't so obvious, it would look brilliant IMO.

Fired earth aren't to blame IMO.
And the tiler certainly isn't.

Just pay the guy, move on, get some quotes from your cheaper tilers you know that are just as skilled, and go for the one you think is best.

W

WaltWhite

is this a wind up seriously? I've said I didn't want even colouring or a uniform look? Anyway please don't comment if ur just going to get abusive

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I still owe the tiler a third of the money. He feels he is being criticised because of Fired Earth's lack of help with this, and that he should be paid all of his money. I asked him to come back and improve the floor. He has offered to cut out the darker sheets and put the unused sheets in but offers no guarantees it would be better

This is where I got the wriggling out of paying the tiler. Maybe I'm wrong.

I've posted a thread in the arms for those with access.

J

J Sid

from fired earth web site on the page for these tiles
wp_ss_20161025_0001.png
no argument about this

O

One Day

Do you think the tiler should have 30% of his payment withheld?
If someone withheld 30% from me - I'd probably say "keep it" and move to my next job.
Irritating and unfair perhaps, but I wouldn't be jumping through hoops for the remainder unless I was at fault.

T

Time's Ran Out

IMG_0968.PNG I wouldn't pay if I wasn't happy and these 2 photos don't look good to me.
Who is to blame for this block of dark marble and look at the grout mess at the skirting.

Reply to Is this ok? Natural stone floor not level after tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks