Currently reading:
Is the tray to close to the door?????

Discuss Is the tray to close to the door????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm doing a wet room, where the edge of the tray is only 260mm from the door. I said its to close to the door not to have a shower screen, I have even tried too source one for the customer. Now the job as started, they tell me, there wont be a screen, but want a gaurantee that the water wont go out the door. Is the tray too close to the door not too have a screen??

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i would give them a gaurantee that water wont go out the door as long as they dont turn on the water.the best you can do is put in a raised threshold piece under the door about 10 -15 mm higher than the tiles .if you mirte the front and back edge of the threshold piece to meet the tile it should take the step out i would normaly do this with a 40mm wide 20mm deep piece of stone leaving the centre flat 20mm then a 10mm mirte down to the tiles and door entrance

Reply to Is the tray to close to the door????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.