Search the forum,

Discuss Is the tray to close to the door????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm doing a wet room, where the edge of the tray is only 260mm from the door. I said its to close to the door not to have a shower screen, I have even tried too source one for the customer. Now the job as started, they tell me, there wont be a screen, but want a gaurantee that the water wont go out the door. Is the tray too close to the door not too have a screen??

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i would give them a gaurantee that water wont go out the door as long as they dont turn on the water.the best you can do is put in a raised threshold piece under the door about 10 -15 mm higher than the tiles .if you mirte the front and back edge of the threshold piece to meet the tile it should take the step out i would normaly do this with a 40mm wide 20mm deep piece of stone leaving the centre flat 20mm then a 10mm mirte down to the tiles and door entrance

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Agree with raytt, i'm doing same thing at the moment. Only i knew there is no shower screen, so whole floor have 80:1 fall and tile threshold 100 wide and 20mm deep(with 2mm fall towards shower room) on door. Not ideal situation, but threshold and proper seal will help :thumbsup:

B

bugs183

It's amazing how customers refuse to listen when told about wet rooms, us tilers are good, but we can't perform miracles.
As above, make a threashold, if you can get one cut from stone they look very effective.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just change the gravitational pull in the room mate so all the water goes down the drain no matter where it's coming from or how close the door is. You can do that, right?

Reply to Is the tray to close to the door????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen