Discuss Is everyone busy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

soapybubble

Hello all
How is business is for everyone. Very quiet here at the moment and was wondering how everyone else is??
Still advertising and keeping busy looking for contracts etc.. but only half as busy as last year.
Is anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers

Andy

B

brundlefly

nope afraid not, had a good year up until 2 weeks ago things just died off

was doing some site work but it ground to a halt when evrything stopped selling
,had a few big domestics wet rooms, pool and the like , but looking about for more now

the wifes finding me more and more to do at home, damn

H

hrgj3270

hi soapy

what type of places are u advertising. i have been putting my cards in estate agents and in tiling shops. im doing a display in a tiling shop then placing a sign with my details on. any other suggestions

H

Holohana

ive just gone mental, in fact having to lose a £800 bathroom due to start Friday to keep my main contractor happy!

Anyone near York fancy a Marble bathroom?

B

brundlefly

hi soapy

what type of places are u advertising. i have been putting my cards in estate agents and in tiling shops. im doing a display in a tiling shop then placing a sign with my details on. any other suggestions

ive just been finding interior designers online and emailing all i can find in the north west

i need a good plan of action

S

soapybubble

thanks for the replies folks
I think "just about ticking over" sums it up but no work booked for the nex week at the moment, got long term stuff in and some waiting on word but a bit ropey all the same..
Got cards in various tile shops, spoken to Estate Agents but got nothing from them so far, got ad in local paper and talking to builders, plasterers, plum bers etc....
think the press may have a hand in this but surely not the main reason??????

Andy

D

davy_G

Every site in Northern Ireland has closed down or is heading to skeleton staff in the short to medium future.
That mesns squads of tradesmen actively looking for work on the domestic front....we are cutting each others throats here for work.
Im booked out to June through recommendations where im the only one quoting for work. Dont get recommendations from site work...

Reaction score
at the start of the month i was getting two or three days work a week. put a ad in my local paper £43, now booked till end of may £3700 worth of work, oh happy days :yes:

H

hillhead

I'm flat out,gave away a £2400 cash job today to a mate,next monday week start,the same day i start 23 bathrooms in a new hotel !! flat out right up to that too.maybe i'm just lucky but i do damn good work and i'm happy to.
Joe
Hillhead Tiling.
:thumbsup:

P

pjtiler

still very slow in west yorks ive never known it this bad

i could do that mable job in a couple of weeks if thats any help

H

Holohana

still very slow in west yorks ive never known it this bad

i could do that mable job in a couple of weeks if thats any help
Ha, yeah so could i just after my kfc re fit. All or nothing, cant beleive it. Been scratching my arse 1st quarter!

D

Deleted member 1779

Busy... But also WORKING HARD....

See what I mean

006.jpg

Young apprentice plumbers starting out on the road....

S

strongboes

I am booked up for 6 months and working 7 days a week 12 hours a day to try and cope at the moment. Cant do it for much longer tho!

Reply to Is everyone busy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks