Search the forum,

Discuss Internet Customers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I've always got all my work through recommendation and regular contacts, but his year i thought why not get myself out there a bit more online, I've been getting a couple of calls per week, 99% of which have been a waste of time! Anyone relate?

O

One Day

Anyone who gets a tradesman off the internet is either a butty short of a picnic and/or just looking for the cheapest price. Unless they've managed to find me 'A-Team style' i won't even bother pricing a job.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone who gets a tradesman off the internet is either a butty short of a picnic and/or just looking for the cheapest price. Unless they've managed to find me 'A-Team style' i won't even bother pricing a job.
I wouldn't go that far, I've had some nice jobs from the Internet. ....like I said you just need to know how to weed out the time wasters...

F

Flintstone

Very true Andy, I can usually tell within 30 seconds of the phone call, i usually say I'm too busy for a few month and they usually can't wait to get off the phone. I have had a couple of decent jobs from the Internet tho so it's a tricky one, you can't dismiss them all.

Your right about the cheapo tiles, I get a lot asking about having there floor tiled, they have the tiles already, probably £10 a Meter, 'oh it's only a small job, 5 meters' expecting labour to be same price as tiles.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Yes.....plenty of time wasters out there.
Doesn't help when tiles are being sold so cheaply on line and the diy sheds.
If someone is paying £10 a meter for tiles there not going to pay you £30 a meter to fit them.....I try and weed out the time wasters with unrealistic budgets before I even look at the job.

I've started going into a lot more detail with potential clients regarding what the job is and I tend to ask for photos and if they have a budget......it has worked on a few occasions as I got the info I needed and when clients told me there rough budgets I found myself saying these words on a number of occasions over the phone now.........'sorry I can't come anywhere near that, hope the tiling goes well'.........as before I'm finding myself out quoting and not getting the work as far cheaper quotes than me!!...so I just can't be bothered to run around for people that want to pay peanuts and expect a professional job......some other mug can do it and I'll make a decision over the blower from now on ☎️

M

MW Smith Ceramics

What if they can't get a recommendation & just don't know anyone?........

M

MW Smith Ceramics

:tearsofjoy:
That's hilarious impish!......I take it you just hang up if a general Enquiry comes through then?

M

MW Smith Ceramics

A TEAM STYLE!!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:......lovin that post!....hilarious!

Reply to Internet Customers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen